(1) BATES, L. M. and HALL, A. E. (1981) Stomatal water depletion not associated with changes in bulk leaf water status. Oecologia 50: 62-65.
(2) BLACKMAN, P. G. and DAVIES, W. J. (1985) Root to shoot communication in maize plants of the effects of soil drying. J. Exp. Bot. 36: 39-48.
(3) DAVIES, W. J., METCALFE, J. C., SCHURR, U., TAYLOR, G. and ZHANG, J. (1987) Hormones as chemical signals involved in root to shoot communication of effects of changes in the soil environment. In Hormone action in plant development. A critical appraisal (HOAD, G. V., LENTON, J. R., JACKSON, M. B. and ATKIN, R. K., eds.). 201-216, Butterworth, Boston.
(4) GOLLAN, T., TURNER, N. C. and SCHULZE, E. D. (1985) The response of stomata and leaf gas exchange to vapour pressure deficits and soil water content. III. In the sclerophyllous woody species Nerium oleander. Oecologia 65: 356-362.
(5) GRACE, J., OKALI, D. U. U. and FASEHUN, F. E. (1982) Stomatal conductance of two tropical trees during the wet season in Nigeria. J. Appl. Ecol. 19: 659-670.