1. Camoni, L. et al. (1998) The plasma membrane H+-ATPase from maize roots is phosphorylated in the C-terminal domain by a calcium-dependent protein kinase. Physiol. Plant, 104, 549-555.
2. Chou, P. Y. & Fasman, G. D. (1978) Prediction of the secondary structure of proteins from their amino acid sequence. Adv. Enzymol. Relat. Areas Mol. Biol., 47, 45-148.
3. Desbrosses, G., Stelling, J. & Renaudin, J. P. (1998) Dephosphorylation activates the purified plant plasma membrane H+-ATPase-possible function of phosphothreonine residues in a mechanism not involving the regulatory C-terminal domain of the enzyme. Eur. J. Biochem., 251, 496-503.
4. Jahn, T. et al. (1997) The 14-3-3 protein interacts directly with the C-terminal region of the plant plasma membrane H+-ATPase.Plant Cell, 9, 1805-1814.
5. Jelich-Ottmann, C., Weiler, E. W. & Oecking, C. (2001) Binding of regulatory 14-3-3 proteins to the C terminus of the plant plasma membrane H+-ATPase involves part of its autoinhibitory region. J. Biol. Chem., 276, 39852-39857.