Affiliation and department：
Update date: Apr. 08, 2020
ヤマシタ サヨコ | Yamashita Sayoko
Homepage URL (1)：
Research field (2)：
, Science education
Research keywords (3)：
Research theme for competitive and other funds (5)：
, Cross-cultural Pragmatics
, Japanese Language Education
- Research in clinical practice-communication strategies between a doctor and a patient.
- Research and development of bilingual(English-Japanese)Medical Dictionary for Students
- Measuring interlanguage pragmatics by learners of Japanese as a second language(JSL)
- Cross-cultural comparison of pragmatic strategies in realization of speech acts
- Research and development of Multi-media materials for teaching Japanese for medical and dental students from overseas.
Investigating cross-cultural pragmatics using roleplays-Apology, refusal and request. Studies in Language Science. 2000. 1. 181-192
Interlanguage pragmatics-What learners are doing A study using picture response test(PRT). Association Internationale de Linguistique Appliqu(]E85EE[)e(AILA). 2000. CD-ROM
Comparing learner and native speaker speech acts through roleplays. Handbook for the first conference of Japanese Society for Language Sciences. 1999. 53-56
Comparing learner and native speaker speech acts through roleplays, Japanese Society for Language Sciences. 1999
Interlanguage pragmatics-what learners are doing. Paper presented at the meeting of 12th World Congress of Applied Linguistics(AILA'99). Waseda University, Tokyo. 1999
Professional career (1)：
Using pictures for research in pragmatics-eliciting pragmatic strategies by PRT.
A focus on language test development : expanding the language proficiency construct across a variety of tests. University of Hawaii, Second language Teaching and Curriculum Center. 2001
Cloze test performance of JSL learners and native first graders.
New trends and issues in teaching Japan language and culture. University of Hawaii Press. 1997
Assessment of project work.
Language Testing in Japan. Alexandria, VA : TESOL. 1997
Six Measures of JSL Pragmatics. Honolulu : University of Hawaii Press.
English language entrance examinations at Japanese universities : 1993-1994.
Language Testing in Japan. Tokyo : Japan Association for Language Teachers. 1995
Return to Previous Page
- Doctor of Education (Temple University)