Update date: Jun. 29, 2022
President, KOHNO Shigeru
1-14 Bunkyomachi, Nagasaki-shi, Nagasaki852-8521 Japan
Organization/Research department name (31)：
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Economics
School of Medicine
School of Dentistry
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Branch Organization (84)：
Return to Previous Page
May 31st in 1949, under the National School Establishment Law, Nagasaki University merged with Nagasaki Medical College, the College of Pharmaceutical Science of Nagasaki Medical College, Nagasaki College of Economics, Nagasaki Normal School, Nagasaki Youth Normal School, and Nagasaki High School to create a new University. It then established five faculties (Arts and Sciences, Economics, Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Fisheries), one library, and a Research Institute of Endemics. The Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the School of Medicine further set up the Elementary School, Lower Secondary School, Kindergarten, Hospital, and Nursing School, respectively.
The Junior College of Commerce was established.
The Nursing School was established under the School of Medicine.
The Department for Student Advising on Public Welfare Matters changed its name to the Department for Student Advising.
Some departments were established under the Faculty of Fisheries.