Update date: May. 30, 2006
Miyagi Prefectural Livestock Experiment Station
Director General, ISHIKAWA Yuushi
1 Aza-Hiwatashi, IwadeyamaMinamizawa, Ohsaki-Shi,Miyagi 989-6445 Japan
Number of employees：
Organization/Research department name (3)：
Beef cattle division for dairy farming
Mating swine and poultry division
Pasture and feed division
Purpose of establishment：
Miyagi Stock Breeding Station was founded in Koriyama, Shiraishi Machi, Katta Gun, Miyagi (now Shiraishi City) and started activities in stock raising of cows only.
Sendai Horse Breeding Association Stud Farm located in Shikama Mura, Kami Gun (now Shikama Machi) was transferred to Miyagi Prefecture and became Miyagi Kami Livestock station.
Stock-farm Instructor Training Facility was attached(renamed Breeding Technical Training Facility in October 1961).
With the closure of Miyagi Livestock Farm, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry located in Nishi-Osaki Mura, Tamatsukuri Gun (now Iwadeyama Machi), its livestock and facilities were transferred to the Facility.
The Facility was moved from Shiraishi Machi (now Shiraishi City) to Nishi-Osaki Mura (now Iwadeyama Machi). After closing Kami Livestock Station, its livestock was moved to the Facility and renamed General Livestock Station with the new service added for horses.
Experiment, study, recommendation and guidance related
to animal husbandry.
1. Study of animal husbandry management technique, and
Return to Previous Page
experiment related to breeding livestock.
2. Improvement, increase, breeding and spreading of
3. Artificial fertilization and functional examination
4. Production of pastures and feed crops, and
experiment related to utilization of pastures and
5. Experiment related to pasture improvement.
6. Experiment related to pollution preventive method
in animal husbandry.
7. Quality improvement of livestock products.
8. Spreading and guidance of techniques for animal