To run the advanced search, set the conditions by selecting the item from drop-down the Category of Basic Information (“article”, “patent” and “researcher” etc.) and/or fields (“title”, “author” etc.) etc.
Researcher, Article, Patent ect. (except Chemical Subsutance)
- Free word search box
- Searching with keywords
- To open a list of synonyms, input free word, and then click “Synonyms”.
- J-GLOBAL automatically detects a category (the name of individual, the name of institution, technical term) of the inputted keyword. Based on the results, displaying the aliases or the synonyms in J-GLOBAL’s internal dictionaries. By selecting the alias(s) or synonym(s) and then click “search” button, OR search will run. The function may contribute to reduce drop-out in your search.
- Boolean search（AND, NOT）
- To run Boolean search, select either of AND search or NOT search.
- Search field
- Selecting a search field. For more details, see Search range (Search range of Advanced search).
- Exact match search
- To run exact match search, check a box (□). To run partial match search, remain uncheck. A search field without a check box is only compatible for exact match search.
- ＋ Add phrase in field
- Adding keywords within a search field. The keywords in a search field connected only with “OR”.
- Date range
- Searching information within a date range of published date or updated date
- ＋ Add field
- Adding search field(s)
- To close the pop-up of advanced search, click “Close”. Even if closing the pop-up, all the inputted information is automatically saved. To run search based on the saved information, click the magnifying glass icon. In addition, clicking on the word in the search box will result in the Advanced search page.
- To run search, click “Search” button. As the search results, the Category of the Basic Information will be displayed.
In March 2016, Nikkaji Web was integrated into J-GLOBAL. The equivalent funtions to NikkajiWeb is now available on the advanced Chemical Substance search of J-GLOBAL. Links to the affiliated organizations via the Chemical Substance Link Center are also available.
- Chemical structure search
- To search the structures of chemical substances, upload a drawing of the structure or a MOL-formatted file. See also Chemical substances search.